Saturday, June 9, 2012

Update, finally!

I'm sorry you had to wait so long, but here's finally an update!
The last post was like a month ago and I didn't work on the helmet during this time, until today. I somehow lost the motivation, was in Hamburg and had vacation.
I got a dremel tool and started removing the last rugged places, which is way more easy as I expected, but it's still kinda annoying when you always have to put on new pieces of abrasive paper.

All the white places are where I used the dremel tool, doesn't look perfect but it's already better.

 Looks now way better than before but still needs some small corrections.

 So, I used to much pressure, but on the left ist one little hole which I now have to refill with some resin.


And because I didn't post anything during the last month, here is some BONUS STUFF!
 Here's my workplace, it's a huge mess and in the closet in the background is also a lot of stuff which isn't mine.
 On the left is my first try on a Nuka Cola Quantum, I got one of those long bottles, which I bought in Germany because you don't find them here in Luxembourg. When I have time, I print the label out, can't do it here at home because my printer ist broken. There's also the awesome lunchbox and the bobble head from the Fallout 3 collectors edition.

 I got this today, an the EVE injection from Bioshock, it lights up when you push the button on the top. By the way, I'm really looking forward for Bioshock Infinite, since the first two parts were as awesome as Fallout.

 And here are some figures from Bioshock, I like to place them in fight scenes, looks way better as when they're simply standing around there, doing nothing. I still need the Eleanor Lamb figure, to fight against the Big Sister.


 And another fight scene, this time Isaac Clarke from Dead Space 2 against a reluar Necromorph. I'm thinking about expanding the scene with putting a laserbeam from the gun to the Necromorph's arm, which is torn from the body and leaves a bloody mess in the air, but I don't know which materials to use for this.


And this is maybe the most awesome thing in my room, I got those cardboard things from my local cinema, it's pretty cool, you go there, give them your phone number and they call you when they stop showing the movie and don't need that stuff anymore.


The next post will maybe come this Wednesday or Thursday. I can't work on it on Monday, an I'm not at home from Friday to Sunday, so hopefully I'll have some time during the week.


1 comment: