Saturday, May 12, 2012

Project New Vegas, some progress.


So, it's been a while since my last entry, but I made some progress with the helmet.

After I used the resin and fiberglass cloth on the helmet, I sanded it, used filler and sanded it again.
On the picture above, you can the see the not sanded filler.
 


fallout.wikia.com













And here's the first problem. The original helmet does not have this edge sticking out on the mouth piece.
 I decided to cut off the mouthpiece, remove the edge, an "glue" it back with some resin, here's the result:

Looks much better now, even though it still requires some sanding.

I finally decided which colors I'm going to use, a very dark green for the helmet, dark grey for the mask, and black for the glasses.

I hope I'll have the time to work on the helmet and post a blog entry on Tuesday evening, because I'll be in Hamburg from Wednesday to Sunday.

Creepy Angus is watching you.

By the way, every picture on this blog has a pretty high resolution, just click on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment